freshly grated peel from 1 medium-sized organic orange
2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
20 drops (or to taste) liquid stevia
1 cup = 240 ml water
1/2 cup = 120 ml organic heavy cream
- Take a tea filter or mesh ball and place the orange peel in there. Close tightly.
- Place all ingredients, including the tea filter or mesh ball, in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until steaming hot. Don’t let boil.
- Remove the tea filter.
- Pour the drink into two heatproof mugs or glasses and serve. You can garnish each serving with whipped cream and freshly grated orange peel.
Author: Lisa Pfeffer
Recipe type: Cookies
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp Swerve sweetener (or other granular sweetener)
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ tsp organic blackstrap molasses
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients of coconut flour, Swerve sweetener, chocolate chips, and salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients of unsalted butter, eggs, molasses, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Using a cookie mat, place the cookies on while measuring two tablespoons of batter.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until browned on the bottom.