- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Gentle Sweet (or your favorite granulated or powdered on plan sweetener).
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan or skillet* (*see notes below) over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by nearly half, stirring several times to prevent scorching. (You should not have to stir continuously, just once in a while.)
- This will take between 15-20 minutes.
- The end product should be thick and gooey (and delicious)!
- Makes approximately 1 -1 1/4 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
**UPDATED TO ADD**
The larger the surface area of your pan, the faster your “milk” will reduce. So try to use a large shallow pan if you have one (think, frying pan?).
It should not take hours to condense (unless you double or triple the recipe.) It really does help to use a larger pan. It also will continue to thicken as it cools.