Author: The Coconut Mama
1 Cup Coconut Oil
½ Cup Cocoa Powder
½ Teaspoon vanilla bean powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 teaspoon of Organic Peppermint Extract
5 Drops of Liquid Stevia, Raw Honey or natural sweetener of choice (optional)
Process all the ingredients together in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour into ice cub trays or silicone molds (like these) and freeze.
Once frozen, pop the coconut oil fat bombs out of the molds and store them in a freezer zip lock or jar. Enjoy!
1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets and stem removed
1 large egg
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
2 thick slices of white cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Place cauliflower into food processor and pulse until crumbs about half the size of a grain of rice.
2. Place cauliflower into large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Your cauliflower should be soft and tender (and hot!).
3. Stir cauliflower to mix up the bottom and top cauliflower. Place back into the microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. (If you don’t want to use the microwave to dry out the cauliflower and prefer to steam and wring with a cloth to dry, check out my wringing instructions here.) Remove and stir again so that all the cauliflower cooks evenly. Place back into microwave and cook for 5 minutes. At this point, you should see the cauliflower is starting to become more dry. Microwave for another 5 minutes. Cauliflower should still be slightly moist to the touch, but should look dry and clumped up (like photo above; similar to as if someone had chewed it up and spit it back out.) If you’ve made cauliflower pizza or breadsticks with the cloth wringing dry method, it should look the same.
4. Add in egg, parmesan and seasoning. Stir to combine until smooth paste forms. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Place onto large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat mat. Using your knuckles and fingers, shape into square bread slices about 1/2 inch thick. Bake cauliflower bread for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
5. Using a good spatula, carefully slide cauliflower bread off of parchment paper. Now you are ready to assemble your sandwiches. Normally I make grilled cheese sandwiches on a pan, but since the cauliflower crust is more delicate, I didn’t want to risk it breaking with too many flips on the stove. Instead, make 2 cauliflower sandwiches by adding a slice of cheese in between each pair of bread slices. Place sandwiches into toaster oven and broil for several minutes (5-10) until cheese is completely melted and bread is toasty. If you don’t own a toaster oven, you can also do this in the oven.
1 cup dessicated coconut
Half cup coconut cream but I used fresh cream
1 tblsp xylitol or 2 depends how you like it
1 tsp vanill extract
Mix everything together and make it into balls or squares
Put on tray with baking paper and freeze until firm
Once firm you can dip it in chocolate sauce and harden in fridge
2 mint leaves
5–10 drops stevia liquid
+- 60 ml whiskey
Place the mint leaves, stevia liquid in a glass and then add the crushed ice and pour the whiskey over the ice.
Low Carb Margarita
60ml fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp orange extract
5-10 drops stevia liquid
Salt to rim the glass
In a cocktail shaker add the tequila, lime juice, vodka, orange extract and stevia.
Moisten the edge of the margarita glasses and then dip the edge in salt.
Half fill the margarita glasses with crushed ice. Pour the cocktail mixture evenly between the glasses.
Keep in mind that when we consume alcohol the body uses its metabolites as fuel and stops burning fat for a brief time. If you are trying to lose weight rapidly then it is best to avoid alcohol completely, but if you are simply living a low carb lifestyle then having some banting friendly cocktails and drinks is perfectly fine.
In large frying pan or electric frying pan with lid (slightly ajar), fry mushrooms in butter over medium heat until softening. Keep cooking until water evaporates. Remove lid of pan. Add seasoning salt; stir-fry until mushrooms are nice and brown. Add whipping cream, parsley and black pepper. Allow to simmer over low heat until whipping cream reduces a bit. This can happen extremely fast. Arrange mushrooms in shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings
4.6 g protein
11.0 g fat
3.1 g carbs