These baked mushrooms with eggs are a wonderful keto and low carb breakfast, with hardly any preparation required.
Prep Time 1 minute
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 21 minutes
Calories 162 kcal
- 2 portabella mushrooms stem removed, wiped clean
- salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 380F.
Place the mushrooms on a baking tray lined with foil or silicone mat. Bake for 10 minutes.
Drain any excess liquid, then crack an egg into each mushroom cup. Season with salt and pepper, then CAREFULLY return it to the oven.
Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the egg white has set. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley.
5g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Baked Mushrooms with Eggs
Amount Per Serving
Calories 162Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g12%
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Total Carbohydrates 7g2%
Dietary Fiber 2g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Prep Time12 hrs
Total Time12 hrs
Servings: 3 Cups Concentrate
- ½ Cup Coarsely Ground Coffee (you want to coarsely grind it, not a fine grind)
- 3 ½ Cups Cold Filtered Water
Place ground coffee in a clean quart sized mason jar.
Add water, and place lid on jar.
Shake gently, to mix coffee and water.
Refrigerate overnight, or for 12-18 hours.
Strain coffee using a sturdy coffee filter or a cheesecloth. (Allow the coffee to slowly strain. Do not squeeze the grounds, as that will release bitterness into your cold brew.)
Pour strained cold brew into a clean jar and store covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 5 chives, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons prepared horseradish (the fresh kind in refrigerated section)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients till well combined.
- Let the sauce sit for 10 minutes and whisk again. This will allow the butter to cool and thicken just a little.
- Serve with your favorite steak!
- Store leftovers in the fridge and reheat in 15 second intervals, stirring often, until just melted when ready to reuse!